Monday, September 28, 2009

Kings Island Hallowfest

This afternoon after lunch we took Riley to Kings Island for their Halloween celebration. What fun we had! They had an entire area in the park dedicated to this festival for children.

On the way in we grabbed a map and a bag for trick-or-treating. We headed to the petting zoo(the goat seemed to be Riley's favorite), a corn maze, a haunted house, pumpkin patch where Riley picked out her very own pumpkin and lastly to the dance floor where a D.J. was spinning some age-appropriate tunes. No dancing for us though, the music was too loud and Riley was covering her ears!


There were also picnic tables set up to decorate your pumpkin with markers. Riley drew all over her pumpkin and Dustin put together a "cat" mask for Riley, which she absolutely loves! However, the glue stick we used to decorate the mask isn't the best at keeping the pieces on the mask, but that's easily fixed!

We came home and I actually cooked! As many of you know, I really enjoy cooking but haven't been able to stand much kitchen time since being pregnant. Any little smell sets me off, and sometimes just the sight of something unappetizing is too much too handle. I prepared my Dad's famous BBQ hamburgers. I know Dustin was very happy to have a home-cooked meal, and a little shocked at the prospect as well. Ha ha!

We watched the Bengals(I think they won) and I went to sleep early at 6:00p.m. I love an early bedtime.

It's very chilly this morning, both breezy and cool. I promised Riley some baking this week, so be on the lookout for a new recipe. Not new to us actually, one of my Summer favorites.

Have a great week!

xoxo,

Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment